Friday, May 1, 2015

Gather Round







I don't know about you guys, but once an ounce of stress enters my world, my skin gets the beating. Now that finals week is tumbling in, the mean facial craters are making their presence known. So, instead of studying/cramming, I thought it best to post about my favorite skin care remedies that will remove the results of stress (at least from your face, that is).

The smell alone makes it an everyday staple whether I am using it as a toner, perfume, or to control hair frizz. For serious acne crisis, add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of rosewater. Apply with a cotton ball to the trouble area, then rinse off with warm water. It'll make your face feel so fresh, and so clean clean.
2.Tea Tree Oil
Don't panic. Putting natural oils (especially tea tree oil) on your face can prove to help fight the worst blemishes. Especially those painful, under-the-surface pimples that take forever to heal! I like to mix 3-5 drop of tea tree oil with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and apply to blemish area with a q-tip. Leave on for 5-8 minutes, wash off with warm water, and pat dry.
3.Apple Cider Vinegar
Another daily staple that I use both inside and out! I use it as a hair conditioner, a morning detox, and as an after face wash setter. Click here to see other helpful ways that ACV can safe your life.
Normally my witch hazel is in liquid form, but I came across a soap form and thought, "Meh. Why not?" Now, I am obsessed. I start my day with this little bar, and I end my day with it. Witch hazel is a natural anti-inflammatory, cleanser, and moisturizer. You can't really argue with that.
Save the best for last. HONEY. I am fortunate enough to have an aunt and an uncle that make honey for a living, so I may be a little bias when I say that their honey is the BEST. You can click the link above to get your hands on Bernard's honey, or please contact me if you would like me to send you a honey care package! (it is honestly one of my favorite things to do) I use honey in my tea, as a cough syrup, as a Greek yogurt topping, hair masks, and for many facial masks and scrubs. My favorite way is to take a half of a lemon, pour a little honey on top of it, and apply gently to my face in the morning. It gets a little messy, but it is the best way to give me that jolt of energy and to get rid of some of the surface dirt (plus it taste delicious)! Another favorite way to use honey is as an exfoliate. When I have some cinnamon and nutmeg lying around, I'll mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon nutmeg and apply as a mask. Let it sit for 30 minutes and wash off with warm water.

I am also telling myself to drink more water and get 6-8 hours of sleep to get these blemish blues outta here, but I love using these products on a daily basis too :)

What are some of your daily beauty routines?

No comments:

Post a Comment