Thursday, July 2, 2015

Put The Lime In The Coconut


No words can really describe my trip to Dominican Republic. Actually, the pictures do not really do it justice either. From day one when the McRobimiller clan (19 in total) had one hell of a traveling experience, the moment we set foot on the Melia Caribe resort, we felt like royalty. Fresh fruit cocktails, warm hospitality, and gorgeous weather were offered to us on silver platters. I spent 7 days lying on the beach, taking jewelry making classes, learning Spanish from the locals, and devouring pineapples and coconuts all day. When it was all said and done, I felt accomplished but also a pain in my heart when my passport was stamped for exiting the island.  It's funny, the two times that I traveled out of the country was to Espanola. Not sure if this means I will travel back there, or if that is a chapter closing. Either way, I couldn't be more thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment